International Postgraduate Research Scholarships 2020 at La Trobe University: International students are hereby invited to apply for a full-fee research scholarships programme at La Trobe University in Australia to study for masters by research or doctoral degree.
A number of La Trobe University Full Fee Research Scholarships (LTUFFRS) are offered each year to outstanding international applicants. The scholarship will cover tuition fees for a period of two years for a Masters by research degree, and four years for a doctoral degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): La Trobe University.
Scholarships to be taken at: La Trobe University, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Full-Fee Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All Masters by Research and Doctoral degree programs.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applications are open from all around the world.
- Scholarships are for Masters by research or Doctoral degree in any stream
- Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed with a standard of 70 or above. Or
- Bachelors (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects.
- your degree includes a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words*, or
- your degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year*, or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years*.
- English Language Requirement: Students are expected to meet any of the following language requirements of the university:
- IELTS (Academic): overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
- TOEFL: overall score of 79 with 13 in Reading, 12 in Listening, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing.
- La Trobe College Australia ELICOS (LTCA): completion of EFS level 6B with a minimum 60% overall and 60% in the final exam.
- La Trobe College Australia Foundation Studies (LTCA): completion of Foundation studies with 60% in English
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE): overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): 169 with no less than 169 in any component.
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half (3.5 years) years, with a value of $27,596 per annum (2019 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
- Please note that the scholarship does not cover Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Application Procedures for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships 2020 at La Trobe University – How-to-Apply:
Candidates wishing to be awarded this studentship will have to enrol in the Masters by research or doctoral degree coursework at the university and afterwards proceed to apply for the award. Make sure to review details on how to apply for candidature.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020