Institute of Development Studies Graduate Scholarships 2021: Applications are welcomed from high achieving students from low-middle-income countries for the IDS Graduate Scholarship 2021 to study for a master’s programme starting in 2021.
These scholarships are available to international students from low- or lower-middle-income countries who have accepted a full-time place on an IDS master’s degree. Priority for all scholarships will be given to those who have the greatest potential to make a difference in their home countries after completing the degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and Dr Purna Chander Kotagiri Fund
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Institute of Development Studies
Scholarship Worth: Upto £18,500 for fees and up to £18,500 for living costs
Number of Awards: At least one
Study Level: Graduate
Nationality: Low or Lower-Middle-Income Countries
Institute of Development Studies Graduate Scholarships 2021 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Institute of Development Studies Graduate Scholarships 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of and currently living in a low or lower-middle income country.
- Must have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development
- Must be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country
- Must not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country
- Must meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements.
- Must have received an unconditional offer on a full-time taught IDS master’s degree by 30 April 2021 (it is possible to apply for the scholarship before receiving an offer of a place).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the IDS Graduate Scholarships 2021 are to submit their application via the online IDS Scholarship Application Form.
Application will be reviewed and successful candidates may be called for an interview (by phone, Zoom or Microsoft Teams). Once an award has been approved, the candidate will be notified in writing by 31 July 2021.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021