IAPETUS NERC PhD Studentships Scholarship 2021: Applications are hereby invited from outstanding and eligible international students who wish to enroll in a research program for IAPETUS2 NERC PhD Studentships Scholarship.
IAPETUS is a multidisciplinary Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP), funded and accredited by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), offering PhD students a world-class environment in which to study.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): IAPETUS and NERC
Scholarships to be taken at: Newcastle University, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: 100% of tuition fees and living expenses of £15,285
Number of Award: 16
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Also Check: MEXT Engineering Scholarships for Foreign Students in Japan
IAPETUS2 NERC PhD Studentships Scholarship | Details
Named after the ancient ocean that closed to bring together England and Scotland, IAPETUS is a partnership that joins the leading research universities of Durham, Glasgow, Heriot Watt, Newcastle, St Andrews and Stirling, together with the British Antarctic Survey, British Geological Survey and the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, in a united approach to doctoral research and training the next generation of leaders in the science of the natural environment.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the IAPETUS2 NERC PhD Studentships Scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for PhD students in Geography, Natural and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, Civil Engineering, Computing, & Geoscience courses offered at the University.
- The candidate is expected to have a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- The candidate should be fluent in English (written and spoken) and should be comfortable working in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics.
- PhD applicants will be required to have at least a basic right to work in the host country
Geography, Natural and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, Civil Engineering, Computing, & Geo-science
The benefits of the IAPETUS2 NERC PhD Studentships Scholarship include;
- 100% of tuition fees and living expenses of £15,285
- A range of attractive fully-funded PhD studentships;
- Supervision and support from academics and researchers that are world-leaders in their fields;
- Tailored training and development programmes;
- Placements and internship opportunities; &
- Access to a vast range of high-quality laboratories, facilities and resources
Equally Check: University of Sydney WNS Global Services PhD Scholarship 2021
How-to-Apply: To apply for an IAPETUS2 project offered by Newcastle University you need to: Apply through Newcastle’s Online Postgraduate System. Insert the programme code in the programme of study section. Select PhD as the programme of study (details of programme for each project are listed at https://www.ncl.ac.uk/sage/research/phd-opportunities/natural-environment/#iapetus2. Insert the studentship code IAPETUS2 project code (without any spaces, hyphens and 2 e.g. IAP20137).
- Attach a CV.
- Attach a covering letter written by the prospective student, no greater than 2 sides in length, detailing their reasons for applying and why they have selected the project that they wish to conduct.
- Two (or more) references, avoiding any references from any members of the supervisory team that are part of the research project that they wish to conduct.
- Full transcripts of previous qualifications obtained to date and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021