Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship at University of Passau, Germany: Applications are invited from graduates from developing countries in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration to apply for the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) for the 2020/21 academic session to be hosted in a German university. The programme is designed to further equip future leaders who are in the field outlined above according to the principles of good governance.
Graduates with great academic potentials with a first university degree are often opportune to enrol in a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country. With the scholarship, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
Scholarship to be taken at: Germany
Scholarship level: MSc
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Public Administration
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from developing countries.
- Fully funded tuition fee covering the period of study.
- Scholarship of monthly 850€ for selected master’s programmes at German institutions of higher education.
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- Appropriate traveling allowance
- Study and research subsidy
- Monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship at University of Passau, Germany, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be graduates from developing countries enrolling in master’s degree course at the University of Passau, Germany.
- Applicants must have obtained good bachelor’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home countries and contribute to the development of the social and economic sectors of their countries or regions.
- Applicants most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered as eligible.
Application Procedures for the Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship at University of Passau, Germany
Applications must be submitted in German or English. Applicants are to indicate that they are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
Step 1: Applicants are to fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships only once making clear which study course is their first and which is their second priority.
Step 2: Applicants are to write a single letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- DAAD-STIBET Scholarship program for International Students at TU Dresden in Germany
- Wellington International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand, 2020
Documents to be submitted includes:
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (hand-signed, but electronically edited)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those master’s programmes and universities (two pages maximum).
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae including information about the precise field of studies, political and social engagement and if applicable, description of job experience.
- Copy of acquired academic degrees (certified translation if necessary with attached grading system explanation).
- Copy of transcript of records (certified translation if necessary)
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by applicant’s university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope).
- If applicable, certificates of employment to support relevant professional experience mentioned in applicant’s CV by documentary evidence.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020