HEARD PhD Scholarships for African Scholars: Applications are invited from qualified African scholars for the HEARD PhD Scholarships 2021. The scholarship aims at producing qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa.
HEARD is an institution that conducts research on the socio-economic aspects of public health, especially the African HIV and AIDS pandemic as well as positioning itself to address the key challenges outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD)
Scholarship to be taken: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Scholarship Worth: R540,000
Subject Eligibility: See Thematic areas (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans
HEARD PhD Scholarships for African Scholars | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the HEARD PhD Scholarships for African Scholars:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health or health-related field.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent research abilities.
- Applicants must undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full-time) at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Applicants must make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
- Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights
- Gender Equality and Health
- Health Governance and Finance
- Health Systems Strengthening.
Trending: Harvard University Free Online Course (“Innovating in Health Care”)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the HEARD PhD Scholarships for African Scholars 2021 are to submit their application to Ms Callin Hedderwick, PhD Programme Manager (Hedderwick@ukzn.ac.za).
- A letter of motivation and CV
- An eight to ten-page concept note on one of HEARD’s thematic research areas.
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records.
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2021