The Government of Japan through the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) invites applications from eligible foreign nationals (students and graduates) in OECD/DAC countries to be enrolled in the 2022 METI Government of Japan Internship Program, fully funded to Japan.
People who have full of skills and knowledge, and are currently living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China can apply for the METI internship program.
Company/Organisation(s): METI Government of Japan
Program Location: Japan
Program Duration: 1 to 3 Months (Varies)
Available Slot: 200 Interns
Basic Qualifications: University Students and Recent graduates
Nationality: OECD/DAC countries
Eligibility Requirements | 2022 METI Government of Japan Internship Program
Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Understanding the purpose of this program and having the will to contribute to the host company’s activities with his/her skill and knowledge
- Living in either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China and Having the nationality of either country on the OECD/DAC List except People’s Republic of China
- Being able to work as an intern for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday in the place agreed, in the case of the Course-A, a designated workspace.
- Having language proficiency in Japanese (JLPT N3 or higher) and/or in English (Business level).
- Submitting the following document(s):
→For Students of University or Graduate School: a letter of recommendation by his/her academic advisor
→For Graduates: a graduation certificate of university or graduate school
- Submitting a certificate of useful qualifications for internship (if applicable)
- Being able to attend the Pre- and post-orientation
- Being able to follow the instruction by JIP office and the host company.
- Internship will cover your expense for visiting Japan
- Insurance coverage during the activity period
- Interns can borrow communication device such as laptop, LAN, and mobile phone etc.
- How to Apply: Interested applicants are required to register new account from the on the dedicated portal.
- Please click on this link and create your account from [SIGN UP(Free)] button. It takes around 10 mins to fill up all your information.
- After registering account, open the page again and confirm that you are logged in, then click [Apply Status] and [Apply] button to submit your application.
Note: The applicant cannot apply if he/she has already participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2021.
Application Deadline: June 30 (for Summer Internship) and Sept 30 (for Winter Internship)