Government of Canada International Scholarships 2023/24: The Government of Canada offers several scholarship programs to support candidates from abroad who wish to study, conduct research, or gain professional development in Canada on a short-term basis.
The Canadian Government Scholarships domiciled at the University of Alberta provides scholarship awards depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship includes the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, Canada-Asean Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) and the Study in Canada Scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Alberta, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
You May Like: Canada Immigration Jobs Requirements and Steps to Apply
Government of Canada International Scholarships 2023/24 | DETAILS
The scholarship program is to support international candidates who wish to study, conduct research, or gain professional development in Canada on a short-term basis. These programs include:
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP):Undergraduate and graduate students from the Caribbean and South America
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) Undergraduate and graduate students from ASEAN member states
- Study in Canada Scholarships
Undergraduate and graduate students from:
Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
Europe: Turkey, Ukraine; The Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
Scholarship values vary depending on the duration and level of study. The table below summarizes the scholarship values for the different programs:
|Award Amount||Duration||Level of Study||Program|
|$15,900 CAD||8 months||Undergraduate||SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships|
|$12,700 CAD||5-6 months||Graduate||SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships|
|$11,100 CAD||5-6 months||Graduate||ELAP|
|$10,200 CAD||4 months||Undergraduate; Graduate||SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships|
|$8,200 CAD||4 months||Undergraduate; Graduate||ELAP|
Suggested: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 [Fully Funded, $50,000 per Annum]
To be considered for the Government of Canada International Scholarships 2023/24 at University of Alberta, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate applicant applying for a research-based experience is to provide a written institutional collaboration and student exchange agreement or a Letter of Invitation from the University of Alberta professor who has agreed to supervise you.
- For graduate applications, an inter-institutional agreement is desirable but not mandatory.
- Student applicants must be enrolled full-time in their proposed degree program at the time of application.
- Must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada, as the scholarship does not cover language training.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Government of Canada Scholarships 2023/24 at the University of Alberta are to ensure that they meet the eligible criteria for the scholarship before they can proceed to find a host professor/supervisor. Email professors you would potentially like to work with the following information:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your home University and home country
- Whether you are currently an undergraduate (bachelor) or graduate (master or doctoral) student
- Which year of your degree program you are in
- The full name of the scholarship program you would be applying for
- How long you wish to do research for (4 months, 5-6 months, 8 months)
- Your ideal start date (must finish no later than February 1 each year)
- Documents such as your CV/resume, university academic transcripts, and/or cover letter
- A link to the information for host supervisors
Once the applicant has found a potential host supervisor, the applicant will work together with their home institution and UAlberta host supervisor to gather the required supporting documents which will then be submitted while also completing the Electronic Application Form.
Application Deadline: Not specified