Are you a journalist or a student enrolling in journalism or a young journalist? Here is an opportunity for you as applications now being received for the 2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists. This program is fully-funded for all successful applicants.
The Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
Company/Organisation(s): European Commission
Program Type: Students & Graduate Program
Program Location: Brussels
Program Duration: 12 months plus
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Young Graduates
Nationality: EU or neighbouring country Citizens
European Commission Youth4Regions Program | What to Expect
The European Commission Youth4Regions programme is the programme for aspiring journalists. The programme is targeted at helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
All expenses or costs associated with coming to Brussels in October will be covered by the European Commission to include covers travel, food and accommodation. Applications from former participants are not accepted.
To be eligible for European Commission Youth4Regions Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Applicants must have a Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- EU or neighbouring country citizen aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Availability during 8 – 14 October 2022
- Applications from former participants are not accepted.
- Only journalists with up to 2 years of experience (calculated until the moment of the closing of the application period) are eligible.
Besides EU Member States and the United Kingdom, other countries accepted in the programme are: Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland)
All participants in the program will have the following benefits:
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are required to submit their application online for the program.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022