L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards: Applications are invited from suitably qualified women from sub-Saharan Africa for the L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards 2021. The award is a grant given to deserving young women scientists who are carrying out their research in the sub-Sahara African region.
The award is an annual award for women researchers who have contributed immensely to the progress of science, either in Life Sciences or in the fields of Physical sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science.
Programme Sponsor(s): For Women in Science Foundation L’Oreal
Programme Targeted at: Doctoral and Post-doctoral study level
Award Amount: up to €15,000
Country Eligibility: Countries in sub-Saharan Africa
L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards for Africans 2021:
- Applicants must be from a sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must be working in a research laboratory or institution in one of the region’s countries or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a university in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must be pursuing research in the field of life and environmental sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
Life and environmental sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards for Africans 2021 are to follow the steps outlined below to apply for the programme:
- Create an account and log in
- Set up your profile: Specify in your profile the program you wish to apply for (Update my profile> My personal information). This step is essential in order to access the application form.
- Apply for the programme
Application Deadline: 28th March 2021