The Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarships is currently open for applications. International students wishing to enrol for PhD research program at University of Edinburgh for the 2024-2025 academic session are invited to take advantage of the scholarship opportunity.
In order to attract the best and brightest PhD students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and superb supervision, but also to provide development opportunities which will support the students as they progress beyond their PhD, through an exciting scholarship scheme.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
- Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
- Funding Amount: University tuition fee + £18,622 PA
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD Students
- Nationality: International Students
To be eligible for Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The awards are open to UK and overseas students applying to start their first year of study for an on-campus research degree in 2024-2025.
- Applicants must have already applied for admission to a full-time or part-time on campus PhD research programme of study at the University. We encourage applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship to make contact with their academic school regarding any admission deadlines.
- Please check the Entry Requirements for your proposed programme of study for details of other acceptable English language qualifications.
- You may apply for the scholarship prior to obtaining the necessary English language test results but the results should be uploaded as soon as possible.
- These awards cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships but can be held with partially-funded scholarships and will be reduced pro-rata.
How-to-Apply: In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance If you have not applied for admission, please go ahead and do this and you will receive your University User Name and password.
Application Deadline: Vary by School