Do you wish to enroll for a PhD study at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom? Then apply for one of numerously Funded PhD Research Projects at the University of Edinburgh commencing in 2024.
You can avail yourself the opportunity of a fully funded research project available to international PhD applicants. These projects are mostly funded by a research council based on need. The availability of funded research projects varies significantly by subject area.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Type: Graduate Research Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Partial to Full Cost of the Research Program
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International students
You May Like: University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2024
Eligibility Criteria | University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Scholarships 2024
The selection process for a funded project often works in the same way as applying for a job there is usually only limited numbers available, so it can be competitive. You also need to demonstrate your suitability to work alongside others in a research team.
Here are some things to remember:
- Funded projects tend to have early academic year deadlines, so be prepared to apply before January in the year before you plan to start your studies.
- Projects and studentships can be advertised in different places. The majority will be listed on FindaPhd.com and displayed below, but you should also check school and research centre/institute websites.
- Check the funding status and eligibility criteria of the project you are interested in. If there is no funding attached to it, then you will need to research other funding opportunities in order to finance your research.
- Some projects may require you to submit a research proposal as part of your application, or to contact a supervisor before you apply, but others won’t, so make sure you check the application requirements for what you need to submit.
- Application for PhD projects are usually made through the University of Edinburgh’s degree finder; however, there may be some exceptions. If you are in doubt, ask the project’s lead contact.
The University of Edinburgh PhD Research Scholarships are usually offered in medical, scientific and technical disciplines, where the cost of research is high and where defined projects may be used to contribute to a wider area of research. However, it is still worth checking to see if any funded research projects are available in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application process, candidates are required to take admission in an eligible PhD degree programme. Thereafter, candidates can proceed to apply for funding through the University’s admissions portal (EUCLID).
Application Deadline: Varies