DFID-World Bank-UNHCR Young Fellowship Program, 2020: The UK Department of for International Development (DFID) in partnership with the World Bank and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNCHR) is pleased to announce the 2020 Young Fellowship Program which consists of a Short-Term Consultancy (STC) contract on research and global questions related to forced displacement in the education, health, social protection and job sectors; Impact evaluations of programs administered to refugees and internally displaced persons and other areas. Candidates who are eligible and qualified are hereby requested to apply for the fellowship program.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): DFID-World Bank-UNHCR
Fellowship to be taken at: World Bank or UNHCR headquarters
Fellowship level: Postgraduate
Fellowship Worth: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Social Sciences and other related fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for citizens of low or middle income country as defined by the World Bank.
You may also like: World Bank-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme 2019
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the DFID-World Bank-UNHCR Young Fellowship Program, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of any low or middle income country as defined by the World Bank.
- Applicants must have completed a PhD in social sciences (Economics, Statistics, Politics, Sociology, etc) by June 30th, 2020.
- Applicants must possess strong quantitative skills in Statistics, Econometrics, Machine Language, Impact evaluation.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age by December, 31st
- Applicants must show proven interest in forced displacement issues.
- Applicants must show strong leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively with people from other tribe, religion and race.
- Applicants are to note that priority will be given to those with PhD thesis addressing forced displacement questions.
- Applicants must possess proven work experience in forced displacement contexts.
- Applicants must possess a publication record from reputable sources.
- World Bank Group (WBG) 2020 Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Africans
- Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Students of Developing Nations
Application Procedures for the DFID-World Bank-UNHCR Young Fellowship Program, 2020
Applicants are to submit a curriculum vitae with a cover page by email to [email protected]. The cover page should include the following information in the order below.
- Family name, Name
- Contacts (Email and telephone)
- Nationality (include multiple nationality if applicable)
- Age at December 31st, 2020
- D. year, university, title and discipline (Economics, Statistics, Politics, Sociology, etc).
- Full reference of the top 3 publications (if any)
- Statement of interest (400 words max)
- Forced displacement experiences (400 words max)
- Proposed research topic (if any)
Application Deadline: March 6th, 2020.