Curtin University PhD Scholarship for Science Graduates 2020: Curtin University is pleased to announce the 2020 PhD scholarship for Science graduates which is a fully funded PhD programme available for outstanding graduates to conduct research at the interface of Water Chemistry and Microbiology in the School of Molecular and Life Sciences. The scholarship aims to support applicants generate an in-depth understanding about the survival mechanisms of microorganisms in chloraminated distribution systems as well as the chemical mechanisms occurring in bacteria and their metabolites interaction with monochloramine.
The successful PhD candidate will be supervised by experts in Water Chemistry and Treatment, and Microbiology. The candidate will receive a stipend of $35,000 per annum and the duration of the award shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months. Applicants are encouraged to send in their application before the application expiration date.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Curtin University
Scholarship to be taken at: Australia
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, $35,000 per annum
Subject Eligibility: Water Chemistry and Microbiology
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Australian and International students.
You may also like: 2020 Global Academic Excellence Scholarship at University of Adelaide, Australia
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Curtin University PhD Scholarship for Science Graduates 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or relevant field at a high level (honours) of academic achievement.
- Applicants must demonstrate an aptitude for research through their analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Be able to work in a team setting and take responsibility for their individual tasks.
- Be experienced in the use of digital technology and software packages.
- Applicants must possess excellent spoken and written communications skills that may be evidenced through their undergraduate thesis/project work and presentations given.
- Practice well-developed time-and-self-management skills with strong personal discipline and drive in their work.
- Applicants must also have experience in Microbiology and/or Water Chemistry.
- University of Hull Graduate Scholarship Award for International Students 2020
- International Academic Excellence Scholarship at the University of Plymouth 2020
Application Procedures for the Curtin University PhD Scholarship for Science Graduates 2020
Applicants are to send their application as email to Dr. Sebastien Allard (firstname.lastname@example.org) an expression of interest with:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Academic transcripts
- A brief covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should explain why you are interested in the project and how your skills, attributes and experience make you a good candidate for the award.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020
[…] You may also like: Curtin University PhD Scholarship for Science Graduates 2020 […]