As part of a partnership agreement between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and King’s College London, applications are currently invited for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries at King’s College London.
The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships sponsored by the UK Government are for applicants from least developed countries and fragile States, as classified by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC), in the Commonwealth, for full-time doctoral study at King’s College London.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Host Institution(s): King’s College London, UK
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: See eligible countries (below)
To be considered for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries and Fragile States), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Applicants must be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Applicants must be available to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2024
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Please note that only applicants from the eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for least developed countries and fragile states, as classified by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC), in 2023/24.
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at King’s College London are to fill and submit the application form online on or before the application deadline.
Agencies will nominate scholarship candidates to the CSC by December 2023.
Applicants can expect to hear the outcome by July 2024. We will contact all applicants by email and they should ensure all folders of their email accounts are monitored, including junk mail and spam folders. A scholarship offer may be withdrawn if a scholarship candidate is emailed but does not respond within a specified time.
Application Deadline: Not specified