Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation GSAPP offers institutional financial aid to support the graduate education of the most highly qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities.
These scholarships aim to reduce financial barriers, increase equity and access to education, and yield the highest caliber students who are able to benefit from and contribute to the GSAPP experience.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Columbia University GSAPP, New York
Host Institution(s): Columbia University, New York
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee & travel stipends
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
See Also: ENS International selection Scholarships 2023/2024 for Sciences, Art and Humanities
DETAILS | Columbia University GSAPP Admission Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded at the time of admission, GSAPP scholarships for incoming students are competitive and are awarded based on recommendations by the program’s admissions committee.
Direct funding at GSAPP through fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships is competitive and not available to all admitted or enrolled students. Each applicant is considered for merit-based scholarships and has the opportunity to complete a need assessment included with the application for admission.
The Columbia University Office of Student Financial Services works with the GSAPP Office of Admission and Financial Aid to provide student support including Federal Loan processing and information on the Estimated Cost of Attendance and Types of Aid.
To qualify for Columbia University GSAPP Admission Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Funding is determined by the Program’s Admissions Committee.
- All applicants, domestic and international, are eligible.
- All applicants may complete a need assessment form that is included with the application for admission. The form must be submitted at the same time as the application for admission. The deadline is the same as the admissions deadline.
- Notification of a GSAPP scholarship is included in the admission letter.
- A direct tuition award is disbursed in the student’s account each term by the end of the change of program period (the second week of each semester).
- Full-time enrolment and good academic standing are required.
- Scholarship awards are for the entire duration of the degree program and will be divided and disbursed evenly for each semester. For students in the M. Arch, M.S. UP, M.S. HP, MS. CCCP, or NY/Paris programs, scholarships will be disbursed evenly for the Fall and Spring semesters. For students enrolled in the M.S. AAD, M.S. AUD, M.S. CDP, or M.S. RED programs, scholarships will be disbursed evenly for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
Apply Also: Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023 Application Update
How-to-Apply: All applicants are considered for a GSAPP scholarship at the time of admission. Because selections are merit-based and need informed, applicants are encouraged to complete the need assessment form in the online application for admissions.
Application Deadline: Not Stated