The University of Amsterdam is currently inviting international students outside the EU/EEA countries to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) – a scholarship covers the tuition fee and part of the living for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Hence, students who are awarded an AMS are expected to complete their first year of study with good results (at least 40 ECTS) in order to receive the scholarship for the second year as well.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Amsterdam (UvA)
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Host Institution(s): University of Amsterdam, Netherland
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International students (non-EU/EEA)
Also Check: Leiden University Excellence Scholarships in Netherlands
Recommended: Top 23 Fully Funded Scholarships in Netherlands for International Students
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) | Requirements
Candidates wishing to apply for an AMS programme should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information please refer to duo.nl).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
- How to apply: Interested and eligible international students willing to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) are the procedures are follows;
- Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. On your application form we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all requirements mentioned above.
- Furthermore, you should include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the scholarship. All students will be informed as soon as possible
Application Deadline: 15 January
Please I’m very interested
Are there scholarships for Degree programs for undergraduate students