Chevron is currently accepting online applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position of Operations Technician/Trainee located in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria and Jurong Island, Singapore.
This opportunity is highly competitive and available for young graduates who wish to start a career as Operations Technician/Trainee at Chevron. The Trainee will follow the New Hire Training program and qualify to be an Operations Technician.
Program Location: Warri, Delta State, Nigeria & Jurong Island, Singapore
Program Duration: Not stated
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Diploma / NITEC / “O” Levels
Nationality: All Nationalities
Also Apply: Investec Sandton Tech Graduate Programme 2023
Chevron Operations Technician/Trainee Program | What to Expect
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Follows the New Hire Training program and qualify to be an Operations Technician
- Ensures safe and reliable operation of the plant, equipment (reactor, filter, heater, boiler, incinerator, tank, pump), pipeline network and jetty facility.
- Performs structured rotational duties within the operating Unit to control and monitor operating processes and parameters (DCS Console), maintenance and project activities (Field).
- Maintains safe and reliable operations of the plant equipment and operations within established operating limits.
- Performs troubleshooting and take corrective actions to resolve operational issues and provide communication and support to Technical and Maintenance teams.
- Performs unit start-up, shutdown, turnaround activities at field and DCS console.
- Prepares Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) documentation and execute at Field for repair or maintenance of equipment / systems
- Performs first line maintenance on Operations Led Activities within operational control.
- Updates and follows operating procedures for safe plant operation
- Performs Emergency Response Team (ERT) roles and responsibilities as required during plant emergency and drills.
To be eligible for Chevron Operations Technician/Trainee Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have Diploma in Engineering or Manufacturing or Science / NITEC / “O” Levels
- Applicants must have strong commitment and desire to ensure operational excellence and meet safety requirements
- Able to work independently and in a team, as well as communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be prepared to work 12-hour rotating Shifts
- Willing to work in Jurong Island.
You May Also Like: Shell Graduate Programme 2022 | Nigeria Job Opportunities
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Chevron Operations Technician/Trainee Programme, all applicants should submit online application for the position of Operations Technician/Trainee.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2022