UNEP Champions of the Earth Award 2021: The United Nations (UN) calls for nominees for its Champions of the Earth award – the world body’s highest honour for individuals and organizations that are safeguarding our environment and transforming societies.
The United Nations Environment Programme’s Champions of the Earth Award is an initiative that honours individuals, groups and organizations whose actions have a transformative impact on the environment. Nominations are open to everyone and nominees can be individuals, government entities, companies and other organizations.
Award Sponsor(s): UNEP
Award Worth: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Environment
Country Eligibility: International
You may like: Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
UNEP Champions of the Earth Award | DETAILS
The Champions of the Earth Award is the United Nation’s highest environmental honour. It recognizes leaders from government, civil society and the private sector whose actions have a transformative impact on the environment. Champions of the Earth inspire, defend, mobilize and act to tackle the greatest environmental challenges of our time. The awards are categorized into: Lifetime Achievement Award; Entrepreneurial Vision; Inspiration and Action; Science and Innovation; Policy Leadership.
To be eligible for the UNEP Champions of the Earth Award 2021:
- The nominee must have been involved in a project that will foster the preservation of the environment.
- Nominee may be an individual or an organization that have dedicated their lives to working for a healthier, more just and more sustainable planet.
- Nominee must demonstrate strong interest in advancing the mission statement of UNEP.
Check Also: The Geneva Challenge 2021: The Advancing Development Goals Contest for Graduate Students (Funded)
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) Champions are selected from over global 1,500 nominations. These are received from the public nomination process. The criteria for selection are:
- Impact – Have the nominee’s actions resulted in profound environmental gains or demonstrated significant potential for replication and scaling?
- Novelty – Has the nominee done or achieved something new and innovative?
- Power of the story – How compelling and inspiring is the nominee’s story?
How-to-Nominate: Interested nominators for the UNEP Champions of the Earth Award 2021 are to nominate their Champions by completing the online application for the nomination before the deadline.
Nomination Deadline: February 12th 2021