Fully Funded to Washington DC and other WGB regional offices, the World Bank Group (WBG), Africa regions is pleased to announce it has begun receipt of applications the 2023 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program targeted at Sub-Saharan Africa nationals who are currently Ph.D. candidates or recent Ph.D. graduates.
The WBG Africa Fellowship Program is an experience-packed program which targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
AT A GLANCE:
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group (WBG)
- Host Institution(s): WBG Headquarters
- Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount varies)
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Study Level: PhD Students and Recent Graduates
- Nationality: Africans
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship 2023 | DETAILS
The WBG Africa Fellowship program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. The expected experience will span across knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
- How to Apply: The World Bank Group Africa Fellowship 2023 is open to those who meet the above eligibility conditions. Interested and eligible candidates should click here to start application
- Application Deadline: August 25, 2022