One Ocean Hub DEEP Fund 2021: Applications are welcomed for the One Ocean Hub Deep Fund application for cultural heritage 2021. One Ocean Hub is an international programme of research for sustainable development, working to promote fair and inclusive decision-making for a healthy ocean where people and planet can flourish.
The programme brings together coastal communities, researchers, decision makers, civil society and international organisations to promote diverse knowledge systems and voices. The programme is funded by the UK Research and Innovation through the Global Challenges Research Fund.
Programme Sponsor(s): UK Research and Innovation
Award Amount: Up to £20,000
Area of Focus: Cultural Heritage and Art-Based projects
Country Eligibility: Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands and Fiji
One Ocean Hub DEEP Fund | DETAILS
The One Ocean Hub DEEP Fund aims to commission artistic responses that capture connections with the sea and extend local creative economies. The DEEP Fund supports creative projects that communicate emotional bonds with the sea to a wide audience including policy and decision makers, researchers, businesses and the public at large.
To be eligible for the One Ocean Hub DEEP Fund:
- Eligible projects must be for cultural heritage and/or art-based projects in Namibia, Ghana, Solomon Islands and Fiji.
- Projects is entirely open but not limited to visual art, performing art, music, sound art, dance, filmmaking, animation, digital art, fashion, literature, poetry, spoken word, craft, indigenous knowledge and customary practices.
- Projects that move beyond creative response and align with the research objectives of the Hub are highly encouraged.
- Projects should be community based and co-produced with a focus on empowering women and youth.
- Projects must be conducted by individuals, collectives, non-government organisations, community sector groups or not-for-profit civil society.
Application Deadline: 26th March 2021