Call for Application: Nigeria Prize for Science Award, 2020: Entries are being sought from scientists the world over for advancing scientific solutions to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria is a beneficiary as contained in the theme for the year, Innovations in Sustainable Food Security. The award winner will receive one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000) to help in the furtherance of scientific research.
The award which is a yearly event was initiated in 2004 by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognize ground-breaking scientific achievements by Scientists in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria. The theme for the 2020 Prize competition is Innovations in Sustainable Food Security with scope in improvement in food production with adequate nutritional values that meets the needs of the population, processes in food production and food process technologies and organic food preservation technologies.
Prize Sponsor(s): Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG)
Prize to be taken at: Anywhere in the world
Prize level: Scientist
Prize Worth: $100,000
Subject Eligibility: Focus on Innovations in Sustainable Food Security
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The prize is for scientists all over the world.
You may also like: 2020 International Gateway Graduate Career Grant for Foreign Students
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: Nigeria Prize for Science Award, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- The award is open to scientists all over the world (Nigerians and non-Nigerians) involved in the application of science to proffer innovations in sustainable food security.
- The work should be outstanding and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative solution in the area of sustainable food security.
- Applicants must ensure that the submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit, and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- All material in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
- UN Scholarships and Research Grants for International Students, 2020
- Undergraduates Global Award At University of West Scotland, UK 2020
Procedures for Submitting the Call for Application: Nigeria Prize for Science Award, 2020
Applicants must complete and submit their entries online accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website.
As the intention is to recognise the most relevant and effective solution to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per year.
All applications should be sent by email to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2020