MIASA German-African Tandem Fellowship 2021/2022: Applications are invited from qualified and eligible candidates for the 2021/2022 MIASA German-African Tandem Fellowship programme at the University of Ghana. The fellowship aims at reducing the global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between countries.
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is dedicated to research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, with sustainable governance as its central but not exclusive focus. It serves as a hub for exchange, networking and collaboration amongst leading researchers from Germany, Africa and European continents.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): MIASA
Fellowship to be taken in: University of Ghana
Fellowship Worth: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Humanities and Social Sciences
Country Eligibility: African and German citizens
MIASA German-African Tandem Fellowship | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the MIASA German-African Tandem Fellowship:
- Applicants must be researchers of top academic quality with an innovative and high-quality research topic.
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country and Germany.
- Successful applicants must be committed to full-time fellowship at the host institution.
- Applicants must be early career researchers (up to 6 years after having been awarded their PhD) and senior researchers (more than 6 years after completion of their PhD).
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent leadership and research abilities evident in their publications.
Also Apply for: MO Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2021 for Africans
- Up to 2.000 € monthly grants
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Research cost contribution of up to 500€
- Access to library facilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the MIASA German-African Tandem Fellowship 2021/2022 are to submit their application either in English or French on the online application platform.
All required documents should be in pdf format.
- General information (max. 1page). For each member of the tandem:
- Title, name (last, first), e-mail address, link to webpage (optional)
- Date of doctorate (PhD defense)
- Current position, institution and business address (Name of institution/city/country)
- Research field
- Project proposal (max. 6 pages). The compulsory structure of the project proposal is as follows:
- Project title (max. 50characters)
- Abstract of the research project
- Aims, theoretical framework and methodology of the project.
- Work plan and feasibility (time schedule and projected costs).
- Innovative potential, originality and relevance of the project.
- The two most important reasons why the research project matches MIASA’s umbrella topic of ‘sustainable governance’
- Added value of conducting collaborative research at MIASA (both for the applicant and the local research community at the University of Ghana).
- Bibliographical references.
- CVs in tabular form (max. 2 pages per applicant).
- Publication list highlighting the most important publications
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021 at 24:00hr CET