Are you a young and enthusiastic farmer with viable agri-business in need of equity-free capital and other associated support required for the scaling of your business? Then the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Farmers for the Future Grant 2021. The grant aims at reducing youth unemployment, make agribusiness attractive and drive youth engagement in Agriculture.
The Project is an initiative developed and sponsored by the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in partnership with NYSC and implemented by SAED Connect. It is part of BATNF’s drive to encourage and support young Nigerians in sustainable agriculture.
Funding Institution(s): BATNF
Grand Prize: N3 million Naira
Country Eligibility: Nigeria
Recommended: Call for Application: UNESCO 2021 Silk Roads Youth Research Grant
Farmers for the Future Grant | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Farmers for the Future Grant 2021:
- Applicants must be a young Nigerian with viable agri-business model.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong passion for agriculture.
- Applicants may be currently serving in the National Youth Service Corps.
The grant will provide up to N16 million naira in cash and business support as follows:
- 1st Cash Prize: N3 million Naira
- 2nd Cash Prize: N2 million Naira
- 3rd Cash Prize: N1 Million Naira
Winners will also get:
- Linkage to financial institutions and investors for follow-on financing and/or credit facilities
- Winners will get technical support to establish their agribusiness
- Participation in an intensive “Think-through-your-business” boot camp
- Mentorship under seasoned entreprenuers and Agric Experts
- Membership of the F4F alumni network
- Participation in other partner-drive training programs
- Support with business registration & other legal & regulatory requirements
Apply for: Call for Nominations: AGNES Grants for Junior Researchers 2021
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Farmers for the Future Grant are to apply online before the application deadline.
Stages of the Grant competition
- Submit Your Application
The online application portal will be available for you to send in your applications
- Virtual Bootcamp
20 Selected businesses will go through a rigorous virtual bootcamp where they will refine their business thesis and build a compelling pitch.
- Pitch Event & Award
The top 10 businesses from the bootcamp will pitch before a panel of expert judges and investors. 3 winners will be selected.
The 3 Winners will be given financing to execute, strengthen, advance and scale their businesses under the guidance of seasoned mentors. They will also be connected to the relevant networks they require to make progress
- Join the Farmers for the future alumni
Continue to enjoy exclusive access to expert mentorship, insider opportunities and a robust support network that will open doors to follow on financing, new markets, etc.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021
I love rearing of animals
I have passion to do fish farming