The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 is currently open for applications from interested and eligible candidates across the globe. There are about 70 fellowships awarded annually and approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Fellowship Type: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Recognized Universities in Canada
Fellowship Worth: $70,000 per year
Number of Awards: 70 per year
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
See Also: IEG Fellowships Programme 2023/24 for Doctoral Study in Germany
DETAILS | Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The objective of the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop their leadership potential
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Also Apply: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023 (Fully-Funded)
How-to-Apply: Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
Applicants should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships selection committees are multidisciplinary, and applications should therefore be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
Application Deadline: To be Updated