Leibniz Institute of European History is currently awarding a number of Fellowships for doctoral research study in Germany. These are open to PhD students from Germany and abroad who have at least a Masters level degree in history, theology or another discipline which works historically.
They must have been pursuing their doctorate for no more than three years at the time of taking up the fellowship, though exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances. Fellows must submit a final report of their project at the end of the funding period.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Leibniz Institute of European History, Germany
Fellowship Type: Graduate Research Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Leibniz Institute of European History, Germany
Fellowship Worth: Monthly value of € 1,350
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral Students
Nationality: Home & International Students
DETAILS | IEG Fellowships Programme 2022/23
As a research institution that is not part of a university, the Institute does not hold any examinations and does not award any academic qualifications. Dissertations are completed under the supervision of the fellowship holder’s supervisor at her/his home university.
The fellowships are used exclusively for the purpose of conducting the research project described in the application at the IEG.
To be eligible for these IEG Fellowships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be a doctoral student
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Dissertations are completed under the supervision of the fellowship holder’s supervisor at her/his home university.
The benefits of IEG Fellowships for Doctoral Students are:
- Fellowship rates (from 01/01/2019)
The IEG Fellowships are jointly funded by the federal and state government. The fellowships are used exclusively for the purpose of conducting the research project described in the application at the IEG. Thus, no other form of employment or funding can be pursued or availed of for the duration of the fellowship.
IEG Fellowship for doctoral students have a monthly value of € 1,350.
- Family allowance
Fellowship holders whose partners accompany them to Mainz and do not have an income of more than 450 euros per month may receive a family allowance. Please indicate in your application whether your partner accompanies you to Mainz.
Fellows who come to Mainz accompanied by their underage children can apply for child allowance.
How-to-Apply: Applications should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leibniz Institute of European History
Prof. Irene Dingel and Prof. Johannes Paulmann
Re: Fellowship Application
Attachments in the following order:
- The completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and a list of publications (if applicable) (please do not send photographs)
- An outline of the Ph.D.-thesis (up to 15,000 characters excluding footnotes and spaces)
- The structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- A detailed timetable for the intended stay at the Institute
- Copies of university transcripts and proof of language competence
Application Deadline: Not Specified