Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point

Australia Student Visa: The sort of visa you’ll need for a study in Australia will be dictated by the duration of your course. In the event that it is 3 months or less, you’ll have the option to enter Australia on a Tourist visit and use the opportunity for the study. Tourist (short remain) visa usually can be use for such purpose – it qualifies you for be in the nation for as long as a year (in the case of British Citizens), however, wherever nationality  you can engage in any type of paid employment.

A Working Holiday visa entitle the applicants between the ages of 18 and 30 to be in the nation for a year, and to work, however there are limitations on what sort of work you can do and to what extent you can do it for. You can read some other of our posts to more about visa types.

On the other that your course is longer than 3 months, you’ll have to get a Student visa. A Student visa qualifies you to be in the nation for whatever length of time that your course keeps going, and generally permits some time for going around, as well.

Also Check: Accessing Annual Canadian, U.S and Australian VISA Lottery

On the off chance that you were conceded a Australia student visa, the states of your study/student visa will likewise enable you to engage in a few part-time employment for as long as 20 hours per week while you are studying and for the same number of hours as you wish within vacations. On the off chance that you were allowed an Australia student visa, you will as of now have Permission to Work naturally included with your visa. Be that as it may, in the event that you were awarded a Student visa  and not yet granted the Permission to engage in paid employment, you may apply for Permission to Work after you have begun your course of study in Australia. If you need more information you may as well refer to this page for clarification

First Step to take;

So as to apply for a study/student visa, you can easily contact a school of your interest in Australia to put you through the application procedures. We will provide you with a few of such schools later in this post.

How It All Work:

Studying a bachelors degree can allow you to meet the criteria for a skill assessment of a 50 point occupation. This is crucial to gaining sufficient points for a skilled PR visa.

Obtaining an Australian degree can also earn more points, making it an even stronger application; if you don’t have an Australian degree you don’t need worry at all since there are many ways to kill a bird…winks. Studying in Australia is now even much easier with lots of scholarships out there. You may want to try out some Australian Government Scholarships such as Destination Australian Scholarships or better still just apply for any undergraduate scholarship of you choice [here]

Or, even if full permanent residence is not an option, then you can easily obtain an 18 month post-graduate skilled visa – allowing unrestricted work and residence in Australia, allowing you to work in Australia to gain yet more extra points needed.

To begin the process, the guiding institution will also guide you on the following breakdown

  • Course details
  • Visa details – and the pathway to residency
  • Cost break-downs of the entire process
  • Studying and living n Australia on a student visa, and beyond

You do not have to fear for the cost, since a lot of scholarships exist to study in Australia. You can start the search and apply for a scholarship in Australia here

Let us now see a few types of Student/study visa you can apply for to get entry to Australia [probably with much ease]; Student Visa are general in the subclass 570 series:

  1. English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) – Subclass 570: Basically for English language intensive courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III, or IV with no formal Australian award.
  2. Primary or secondary school course – Subclass 571: permits primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school and exchange courses.
  3. Vocational education and training – Subclass 572: Visa issued for diploma, advanced diploma and vocational diploma courses.
  4. Higher education – Subclass 573: Mainly issued for a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.
  5. Postgraduate research – Subclass 574: Usually issued for a Masters by research or a doctoral degree.
  6. Non-award – Subclass 575: Issued for a non-award foundation studies and any other courses not leading to a formal Australian award ( except ELICOS).
  7. AusAID and Defence – Subclass 576: Issued to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australia Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.
  8. Student Guardians – Subclass 580: Issued to Parents or relatives who intend to stay with the student as a guardian during the student’s study duration in Australia.

You may choose to apply to any of these sub-classes of Australia student visa and be sure to make entry with ease to Australia. Just follow the right steps as outlined in this post.

You May Also be Interested in: American Immigration Visa Enrolment Update|Apply Now

Some of the top schools in Australia you can apply to include but not limited to the following;

  • Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne.
  • Macquarie University, Sydney.
  • RMIT University, Melbourne.
  • The University of Melbourne, Melbourne.
  • The University of New South Wales, Sydney.
  • The University of South Australia, Adelaide.
  • The University of Western Australia, Perth.
  • The University of Sydney, Sydney
  • The University of Queensland, Queensland.
  • The University of Southern Queensland, Queensland
  • More others not listed here

[Note that the schools above are not in any ranking order, they are just listed for the purpose of applying to admission, scholarships and visa. you may also search to get information on other schools in Australia for that purpose.]

If anyone has any useful experience applying for Australia student visa don’t hesitate to share with us through the comment box.

Also Recommended:



  1. It has been my dream to study in Australia. I have applied several times but I haven’t been successful. I have undertaken Diploma in Information Communication Technology.
    If I get a scholarship, I will really be grateful for it will be a dream come true. Kindly help.

    Bella from Kenya.

Related Opportunities

Stay Updated

We Are Social


Recent Posts


Top Categories

Study Green