5 Steps to Apply for UK Student Visa in 2020: If you are wishing or planning to study in the United Kingdom, there is a need to know how you should go about that. Studying in UK universities, either through scholarships or self-funding is the dream of many students from the developing countries and even the developed world. The United Kingdom does not only own some of the world’s top ranking universities but also is known for her priority placement on education and development.
Before you can move to the UK to live and study we all know that you will need the Student Visa. The student visa in the UK Visa classification is known as the ‘Tier 4 Visa’, awarded to students and valid for a period covering the duration of their study programme. Awarded in two categories, the tier 4 student visa has the general category which are for adult 16 years and above and the child category for ages 4 to 15 years old.
Before we jump into the steps you need to apply for the tier 4 student visa, it is important first you know the requirements for getting this visa, just like any other destination visa programmes. If you also dream of studying in Australia, you can read about the easy entry guide
Important Information: “The UK government has announced the reinstatement of the two-year post-study work visa for international students. The new immigration rules will benefit those international students who are planning to pursue their higher studies in the UK starting from 2020-21. Currently, international students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can stay back only for a period of four months. Only international students studying in 27 universities can stay back for six months which are part of the pilot scheme. Prospective Indian students are also going to benefit from this new rule”. ….Source
UK Student Visa Requirement
These requirements (below) are just some summary of what you need to present when applying for the UK (tier 4) visa;
- Visa Application Form: you will be required to submit a completed student visa application form
- Course Acceptance Letter: It is required that institution/education provider you have applied to provides you with an acceptance/admission letter and a visa letter (usually, an official and unconditional offers of a place on a course of study). Visa letters are usually valid for about a period six months after which you can no longer use it for visa application.
- Proof of funds: One other important requirement is a proof of fund that can cover at least your course fees for first year of study and living expenses for up to a maximum of nine months. Amount is dependent on you level of study and the category of the tier 4 visa. The statement should prove that you have been in possession of the money for at least 28 days.
- Visa Fee Payment: As of now the amount to be paid for the Tier 4 General Visa is £348 (this amount may change). Approved method of payment can be online (with Visa and MasterCard) or through Cash or demand draft at the visa application center and selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank. An evidence of this payment must be submitted along with your application.
- Previous Degree Certificates/Score sheets/English Language Test Score: You will also be required to present you academic certificate and English Language test score as a prove of fluency in the language.
You May Also Like:
Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point
China Student Visa – How to Apply and Study with Scholarship
Steps to Apply for UK Student Visa
Having known the basic requirements for the tier 4 UK student visa, you may want to start the application for same i.e if you ever dream or want to study in the United Kingdom.
Stop worrying on how to apply for UK Student Visa; through these 5 simple steps you should be a proud holder of the tier 4 visa.
The very first step is to check your eligibility for the visa programme. That will involve you confirming you have been offered a place to study in any UK institutions and also that you have enough money that in your statement as stated (above). As a guide you need to know the course cost of your chosen programme/institution and living cost in the UK
Prepare all you required document and get them ready
The next step after you are sure all your documents are ready, you need to Apply Online. You should know that application for UK student visa is completely online. Only after you have applied online before you can be scheduled for interview. You will need to print and sign the completed application form. After registering you interest you also need to use the online appointment scheduler to book for an appointment at the visa center
At this point you need to pay the visa application fee which you can do through any of the methods stated afore hand. Payment in cash and demand draft should be made in favour of ‘The British High Commission’.
The last step of the whole application process is that you will visit the visa application center (UK Embassy/Consulates/British High Commission in you country). The essence of the visit is to submit the printed online application form, documents, photographs and fingerprints. You should visit on the date appointed in step 4 (above).
To get country specific visa information proceed to the website of the British High Commission and select your country for the right information you want.
Note Also: Apart from studying, Tier 4 General visa allows you to work for up to 20 hours per week while in session and work full-time during vacations or summer holidays.
We hope you have an easy time applying for your student visa. If you have passed this stage, you can educate others with your experience in the comment section.
I am very excited about it.
[…] 5 Steps to Apply for UK Student Visa in 2020 – Study in UK […]