US Diversity Visa (DV-2021) Entry Lottery Program 2021: The State Department Web site for the 2021 US Diversity Visa Program (DV-2021) is now open.
Each year, the Department of State conducts a random selection of Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) applicants, based on allocations of available visas in each region and country, from all registered entries. The entry submission period for DV-2021 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 2, 2019 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 5, 2019. The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Australia Student Visa | Application Guide – Easy Entry Point
- Canadian Visa Application Guide | Apply Now
Eligibility Requirements: It is expected that interested persons meet the following eligibility requirements to be able to enrol for the US Visa Lottery DV-2021.
Requirement #1: Individuals born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter. If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2021 program.
Requirement #2: Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
[Update] Selection Process and Timeline: – A Must Read Useful Information
Selection of Applicants Based on the allocations of available visas in each region and country, the Department of State will randomly select individuals by computer from among qualified entries. All DV-2021 entrants must go to the Entrant Status Check using the unique confirmation number saved from their DV-2021 online entry registration to find out whether their entry has been selected in the DV program. Entrant Status Check will be available on the E-DV website at dvlottery.state.gov beginning May 5, 2020, through September 30, 2021.
If your entry is selected, you will be directed to a confirmation page providing further instructions, including information about fees connected with immigration to the United States. Entrant Status Check will be the ONLY means by which the Department of State notifies selectees of their selection for DV2021. The Department of State will not mail notification letters or notify selectees by email. U.S. embassies and consulates will not provide a list of selectees. Individuals who have not been selected also ONLY will be notified through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website. You are strongly encouraged to access Entrant Status Check yourself. Do not rely on someone else to check and inform you.
In order to immigrate, DV selectees must be admissible to the United States. The DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application, electronically, and the consular officer, in person, will ask you questions about your eligibility to immigrate under U.S. law. These questions include criminal and security related topics. All selectees, including family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2021. Under no circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.
Application Procedures for the Diversity Visa Program (DV-2021)
All application for the Diversity Visa Program (DV-2021) is done online at the official website for US Visa entry. It is important that you visit the Instruction Page to study the application procedure before you begin application.
Please note: The Department of State will not mail notification letters or notify selectees by email. U.S. embassies and consulates will not provide a list of selectees. Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website is the ONLY means by which the Department of State notifies selectees of their selection.
Application Deadline: 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 5, 2019.
You don’t want to miss any opportunity, then SIGN UP for our updates by email or subscribe through the sign-up form. To be sure you have been enrolled for the update you must login to your email and confirm your signup.