Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) is one of the most lucrative funding opportunities around the world targeted at students from low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth – a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree.
The scholarship awarded annually aims at students who are committed to creating change in their communities. It is presents a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
- University of Dhaka – Bangladesh
- University of Eswatini – Eswatini
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, (KNUST), Kumasi – Ghana
- Barbados, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago – West Indies
- Technical University of Kenya – Kenya
- University of Nairobi – Kenya
- Universiti Malaya – Malaysia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia – Malaysia
- University of Mauritius – Mauritius
- COMSATS University Islamabad – Pakistan
- University of Rwanda – Rwanda
- The State University of Zanzibar – Tanzania
Candidates applying for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in the current application round will be able to win out of the 12 awards available any of the 12 institutions listed above.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship REQUIREMENTS
The current application form for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship consists of the following sections:
- Eligibility: they are eligibility conditions set in place to help you understand if you qualify to apply for the scholarship
- Personal Details: You will be required to fill in necessary personal details for assessment purpose
- Academic & Employment Record: To further assess you eligibility, you will be asked t provide details of your previous academic records and work experience, since professional work experience could be an added advantage to get the scholarship
- Course at Host University Details: You will be required to fill detail of your chosen course of study at Host University, one of the partner institutions.
- Statements: The crux of the scholarship application assessment is your personal statement.
- Supporting Documents: You will also be intimated on the required document you must upload to support your application.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship APPLICATION STEPS
This post is to help you with the steps you must follow to apply Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships and be successful in your application. Reading this means that you interested in applying for the scholarship, you should follow the steps below to apply.
Step 1: Read Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
Before you even start filling any application for or writing statement of purpose or prepare supporting documents, you need to read the scholarship FAQs. This will help you have the ideas of what the scholarship offers and a bunch of other useful information.
Step 2: See the Application Guide
A lot of people rush to filling application forms without first knowing exactly what they will have to fill in the form. It is important that you visit the application guide page to understand what is required of you in the application.
Step 3: Prepare you Statement of Purpose
The statement section for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship application is formed of three main statements which applicants need to provide. If you have read through the application guide in step 2, then you will know how to prepare it.
Step 4: Prepare you Supporting Documents
Just like any other scholarship application, you will be required to upload a number of documents to verify the information you have provided. Getting those documents ready before starting application is usually the best. Basic document you may be asked to upload would include;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Educational Qualifications/Transcripts
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Affidavit
- International Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Referee Letter
It is not limited the list above, depending on the institution you are applying to.
Step 5: Apply for a Course at a Host University
It is paramount that you apply and be given a place in one of the host universities to be eligible for the scholarship award. You can visit the QECS scholarship page for links to host institutions and available courses. Select from the listed courses to apply
Step 6: Begin the Online Application
If you have done all the above steps, you should be well set to begin the online application for QECS scholarship. You will be required to create a new account for your first-time application and then you can go ahead to fill in the rest of the form.
We are hopeful if you following the steps above, you may just land yourself an opportunity of a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship in 2021.
- > Top 15 Fully Funded Scholarships in UK for International Students
- > 15 Most Coveted Scholarships in Canada For International Students
- > 15 Full Scholarships in Australia without IELTS/TOEFL