UNAIDS Internship 2023 is now open for applications. Interested applicants from around the globe, and especially UN member countries are invited to apply. The internship opportunity which lasts for 2 to 6 months is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as fresh graduates (Bachelor, Master’s and even PhD holders).
UNAIDS is a short form representing The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. It is a wing of the United Nations responsible for leading and inspiring the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank.
Program Type: Student and Graduate Internship
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: 2 to 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students/Graduates
Nationality: UN Member States
Also Apply: UN Volunteer Program 2023 [APPLY]
UNAIDS Internship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this UNAIDS Internship opportunity, the candidates must
- be holders of a valid passport/ID from WHO/UNAIDS Member State
- be at least 20 years of age at the date of application
- be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution, OR
- have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution within the past year.
- have a working knowledge of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish)
- have NOT previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
- have the following underlisted abilities to meet the contractual terms and conditions
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfil commitments and use resources responsibly.
- A stipend will be offered by UNAIDS to contribute to intern’s living expenses
- Interns will be provided with genera medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance
How to Apply
- Please visit UNAIDS’s e-Recruitment website at: https://erecruit.unaids.org to review and apply to positions.
- The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
- Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome
- Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.
Application Deadline: 15 December 2023