The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) through African Union offers Internship Program to African students who possess adequate knowledge and skills in IT, Digital Application, Digital Policy to work as interns and gain some practical experience and international exposure.
It will provide an avenue for participants to gain exposure and some hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in a multi-cultural environment. Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
- Company/Organisation(s): African Union
- Program Type: Internship
- Program Location: Ghana
- Program Duration: 3 months
- Available Slot: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
- Nationality: African Students
See Also: Microsoft Internship Opportunities 2024
To be considered for African Union Internship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Applicants must be Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: IT, Digital Application, Digital Policy or related fields.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How-to-Apply: Application for the AfCFTA Secretariat Internship Program are submitted online. If you are a first-time user of the AfCFTA online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of valid passport or identity card
• A letter of motivation
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Proof of enrolment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023