African Excellence Fee Waiver Postgraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 at University of Glasgow: Applications are here invited from interested and qualified students from African origin to enrol for the 2019/2020 edition of the African Excellence Fee Waiver Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Glasgow. The scholarship is usually will be based on academic excellence and selection made based on individual’s compelling personal statement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Glasgow.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Glasgow, UK.
Scholarship Type: Tuition Fee Waiver.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Slots: 8 numbers.
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee waiver
Subject Eligibility: All postgraduate degree taught courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students of African origin.
English Language Requirement: Maybe required.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The African Excellence Fee Waiver Postgraduate Scholarships are open to applicants from Africa applying to all on-campus Masters Programmes. Applicants must:
- be resident in Africa at time of applying
- have completed a first degree in Africa
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of a place for a full-time postgraduate taught programme
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 1st Class Hons
Application Procedures for the African Excellence Fee Waiver Postgraduate Scholarships – How-to-Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, please submit a 500 word personal statement to email@example.com by 01 April 2020. Applicants should note, however, that they need to hold a conditional or unconditional offer for an eligible programme to be considered for this scholarship.
Guide to Writing Your 500 Word Personal Statement:
Your personal statement must include:
- your full name, applicant number and clearly state that you are applying for the University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded place (e.g academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc).
Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 30 April 2020.
Application Deadline: 01 April 2020