Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022: The Royal Academy of Engineering hereby announce the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022 to deserving and eligible candidates.
The Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation awards crucial commercialization support to ambitious African innovators developing scalable engineering solutions to local challenges to demonstrate the importance of engineering in economic development and improved quality of life.
Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022 | DETAILS
The Prize has a track record of identifying engineering entrepreneurs with significant potential, many of whom have gone ahead to achieve greater commercial success and social impact. Each year, up to 16 shortlisted African innovators receive a unique package of support over seven months to assist them accelerate their businesses.
Tailored training and mentoring culminates in a showcase even where a winner is selected to receive £25,000 along with three runners-up, who are awarded £10,000. The academy has supported 102 businesses from 16 countries since the start of the Africa Prize seven years ago.
To be eligible for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have developed, or be in the process of developing a new technological innovation.
- Must have the ambition to take a leading role in creating a new business to commercialize the innovation.
- Innovators must aim to promote the welfare and economic development of a country or countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Innovations be designed to address a development need or specific challenge facing that country.
- Application must be written in English.
- Lead applicant must be over 18 years when applications close on 20 July 2021. There is no upper age limit.
- Applicants can apply as an individual or as a team.
- Lead applicant must be ordinarily based in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The lead applicant must provide a letter of support from a university or research institution.
- Innovation must be at technology readiness level 3 or above. Evidence of a prototype should be provided in the application.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022 are to submit their application via the online grant management system. Applicants must register before they can apply.
The application form has six sections and will take approximately one and a half to two hours to complete.
Application Deadline: 20 July 2021 at 12pm British Summer Time (BST)