AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups 2021: The Agence française de développement (AFD) announces the 2021 AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups with innovative solutions in the digital business and entrepreneurship space.
Startups, associations and research centers developing digital solutions and solving sustainable development goals on the continent of Africa are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity. Thirty-five (35) African start-ups have benefited from financial support and coaching to scale up their businesses.
AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups 2021 | DETAILS
The AFD Digital Challenge comprises several thematic areas for potential applicants. The themes include: Reducing the digital footprint, innovating to build a sustainable economy, Preserving natural resources. The 2021 edition combines the challenges of the digital transition with those of climate protection and biodiversity, in line with Goal 13 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To be eligible for the AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Your project is related to one of the themes presented above and detailed in the rules.
- Your project is already on the market and is in the seed/launch phase.
- Your project has a legal structure as well as a sustainable and autonomous business model.
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution.
- You are a start-up or a research center.
- Award o 20,000€ funding
- International visibility.
- Customized support
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the AFD Digital Challenge for African Startups 2021 are to apply online before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: May 26th, 2021