Africa Data Hub Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF) is now open for applications from interested and eligible candidates in the field of journalism. Apply now if you are interested in improving the coverage of under-reported issues in local communities across Nigeria.
The ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF) is an initiative of Orodata Science whose mission is to continue to democratize data, and knowledge towards solutions that impact the lives of millions. This is the second call for applications for Community Journalism Fellowship Programme
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Africa Data Hub, Nigeria
Host Institution(s): Africa Data Hub, Nigeria
Fellowship Worth: Grants, Capacity development and Tools
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor degree or HND
DETAILS | ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF)
This fellowship program will support community journalists with grants, capacity development and tools to produce in-depth data-driven stories that are investigative in nature on issues affecting communities in different parts of the country.
- The fellows will participate in a Data Journalism Bootcamp that will provide capacity building training on advanced investigative, data storytelling and mapping techniques. Journalists will also learn how to source, analyse and visualize data in engaging and compelling ways.
- The fellowship will provide a grant sum for each fellow to support their investigations.
- The fellows will also receive advisory from mentors to improve their journalistic skills and access to the entire ADH Community.
- The fellowship will provide editorial and technical support such as data research and analysis, data visualizations, infographics, and mapping for the stories produced by the fellows.
To be eligible for ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF), applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be journalists based in Nigeria.
- The number of grants available is limited, therefore the first 10 – 20 pitches received will stand the best chance of being considered. Interested journalists are encouraged to pitch their stories from 21 July to 4 August 2022.
- Pitches must meet our selected theme.
- Pitches from freelance reporters and staff from all types of media organizations – international, national, local and community-based are encouraged to apply.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF), applicants should click Apply online now button to get enrol for the program. You are also required with the following:
- All pitches must be no more than 250 words.
- The pitch should highlight the key issue you want to focus on, why it is relevant to the program and the extent to which it is under-reported.
- Applicants are expected to pitch stories in the communities in the states where they reside.
- Applicants are expected to participate in the 3-day Data Journalism Bootcamp online. Dates to be confirmed.
- Indicate why you are the right person to report it and the access you already have.
- Include a letter or email from the editor of a publication who is interested in publishing your story.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022