TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is now open for applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the program. The fellowships support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
Early-career researchers from the 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral programme offered by IsDB and TWAS.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Islamic Development Bank (IsDB),
Host Institution(s): TWAS-CAS Centres of Excellence ICTP Campus, Italy
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded plus living allowances
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
You May Also Like: Commonwealth Split-Site PhD Scholarships 2023 for Low and Middle Income Countries (FULLY FUNDED)
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program | DETAILS
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Skills Building in Sustainability Science are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries from this list: https://twas.org/developing-countries-south, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable for a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months.
Through the Fellowship, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance based on the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The fellowship will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,600 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
The fellowship will cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel expenses (e.g. airport transfers and local transportation) will be the awardee’s responsibility
To be eligible for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from developing countries
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Be up to 45 years of age at the time of the application
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Be employed at an institution in her home country
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields (please refer to the guidelines for details):
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Also Apply: Coventry University Technology Research Scholarship for Graduate Students (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: To be considered for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
- Applications must be submitted only online via the link on the bottom of the webpage. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application, as early as possible
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant or fellowship (i.e. either an IsDB-TWAS Fellowship, or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
- For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 06, 2023