2020 Smithsonian Institution Fellowship at the University of Melbourne, Australia: Applications are requested from suitably qualified Australian/domestic and international students to apply for the Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program at the University of Melbourne, Australia. The fellowship offers the students the opportunity for independent research or study related to Smithsonian collections, facilities, and/or research interests of the institution and its staff.
Fellowships will be offered to graduate students, pre-doctoral students, and postdoctoral and senior investigators to conduct independent research. The fellowship allows successful fellows to establish and foster research relations with great and leading researchers the world over. It provides the student the opportunity to gain independent research insights to enhance their academic and research skills.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Smithsonian Institution Fellowship
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Melbourne, Australia
Fellowship level: Graduate, Pre-doctoral, Postdoctoral, Senior investigators
Fellowship Worth: up to $150,000
Subject Eligibility: All study areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for Australian/domestic and international applicants.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Smithsonian Institution Fellowship at the University of Melbourne, Australia, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- For graduate applicants, students should be formally enrolled in a graduate program of study at a degree-granting institution. Before appointment begins fellows must still be enrolled and must have completed at least one full-time semester or its equivalent, or have completed the graduate program within the past four months. Graduate student fellowships are usually intended for students who have not yet been advanced to candidacy if in a doctoral program.
- Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must be enrolled in a university as candidates for the Ph.D. or equivalent are eligible. By the time the appointment begins, the university must approve the undertaking of dissertation research at the Smithsonian Institution and certify that requirements for the doctorate, other than the dissertation, have been met.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants must have a doctorate degree that has been obtained by the time the fellowship begins.
- Senior Fellowship applicants must have held a Ph.D. or equivalent for at least 7 years.
- Philip Solomon QC Scholarship at University of Melbourne in Australia
- International Science Graduate Scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2020/21
Application Procedures for the 2020 Smithsonian Institution Fellowship at the University of Melbourne, Australia
Applicants are advised to make available all their supporting documents and academic certificates before the opening of the application portal on the 1st of August, 2020. The information is to help the applicants prepare before time for the application.
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2020