2020 Japan International Award for Developing Countries: Applications are hereby invited from qualified young researchers for the 2020 Japan International Award for Agricultural Researchers in developing countries. The Japan Award which was started in 2007 is presented and organized by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan with support from Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). The award is to increase motivation among young researchers towards contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and allied industries in the developing nations.
Grant Sponsor(s): Japan Award
Grant to be taken at: Developing Regions
Grant level: Early Career Researchers
Grant Worth: $5,000
Subject Eligibility: Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Related fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The grant is for researchers in developing countries
You may also like: Masters Scholarship in Belgium for Developing Countries, 2020
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Japan International Award for Developing Countries, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be researchers who are nationals of developing countries and/or territories and belong to non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university.
- Applicants should not be older than 40 years of age as at 1st January, 2020.
- Applicants should be passionate about and be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment.
- Applicants for the Japan Award must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan in 2020.
- Applicants are to ensure that the grant is put into proper use to the furtherance of the research goal of the grant.
- Marshal Papworth Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries, 2020
- 2020 Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship
Application Procedure for the 2020 Japan International Award for Developing Countries
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage of the grant and complete the application forms.
Applications must be submitted by the recommending research institute.
Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute including its branches.
Applicants are to submit their application before the application deadline as late submission shall not be attended to.
Application Deadline: 23rd March, 2020