WHO Program Assistant Job: The World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant job position of a Programme Assistant. The WHO Program assistant job is located in Cairo – Egypt and open to eligible candidates from world over.
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Job Title: Programme Assistant – (2004911)
Primary Location : Egypt-Cairo
Organization: EM/WHE WHO Health Emergencies Programme (WHE)
Schedule/Job Type: Full-time
Basic Qualification: Secondary/University education
Also Check: Population Services International (PSI) Massive Job Recruitments
WHO Program Assistant Job – Cairo DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Within the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following Responsibilities:
- Provide support and input to the Programme Area Manager, resource allocation and human resources management across the full range of programmes and projects of the unit.
- Brief staff at all levels on budget, financial, administrative, HR- and other procedures and practices and monitor the correct use of the WHO Financial Rules and Regulations by staff in their implementation of funds.
- Provide administrative support to the operational planning and development of projects and work plans and assist the PAM and/or Team(s) through the provision of targeted, seamless programmatic, financial and administrative support work along the life-circle of the project(s).
- Verify obligating documents, cross-checking relevant information available from GSM or other on-line systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed or as delegated; clearance of obligating documents, checking them for completeness, and following-up on missing elements, liquidating obligations and undertaking reconciliation as required.
- Verify expenditures to comply with work plans, financial rules and regulations and award agreements. Follow up actions on financial and budgetary matters and coordinate the mid-term reviews and the end of year of biennium closure of accounts exercise for the unit.
- Plus other responsibilities (refer to official website for full responsibilities, link below)
- Essential Education: Completion of secondary education supplemented by experience or training in related administrative fields.
- Desirable Education: University degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is an asset.
- Essential Experience: At least 8 years of relevant experience in administration.
- Desirable Experience: Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Skills: The incumbent takes self-initiative to maintain and update proficiency in the use of modern office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training.
- He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 294,414 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the WHO Program Assistant Job – Cairo should: Click here to Apply Online
Application Deadline: Dec 13, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.