Applications are invited from suitably qualified African scholars and graduate students for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent which provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits on the continent.
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 | DETAILS
The Grant is funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State and is open to only West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions. The travel grant may be used to attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the continent of Africa as well as visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work. It can also be used to engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution and to travel to a research site in Africa.
Suggested: Rotary Foundation Global Grants and Scholarships 2022/23
To be eligible for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be West African nationals with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 are to complete an online application and provide the following application requirements:
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2023