Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates to take advantage of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships available for International Students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents of Canada commencing programs for 2024/2025 academic session.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is Valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
- Host Institution(s): Canadian Universities
- Funding Amount: $50,000 per year for three years
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: International Students
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants seeking for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time doctoral program (or joint graduate research program MA/PhD, MSc/PhD, or MD/PhD) at the nominating Canadian institution;
- Applicants must not hold a faculty appointment concurrently with a Vanier Scholarship unless they arrange for a leave of absence from the appointment;
- Remain enrolled and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress in their doctoral program;
- Not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program;
- Not be concurrently holding any other SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR training award (note: Michael Smith Foreign Studies Supplement excepted); and
- Begin their award within 12 months of the earliest possible start date and start on May 1, September 1, or January 1 following the offer of award.
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and humanities
How-to-Apply: Interested Candidates for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024