Vacancy for Learning Instructor at University of California: University of California is seeking for applicants for the post of Learning Instructor. The program attracts current and retired faculty from local and national universities and colleges and distinguished community leaders and other experts who enjoy sharing their knowledge and joy of teaching with mature learners.
UCR Extension is seeking experienced professionals to join the OSHER Lifelong Learning instructional team as part-time instructors for adult learners.
Job Title: Learning Instructor
Job Position: Learning Instructor
Institution/Agency: University of California
Job Location: Riverside
Job Type: Full time
UCR’s OSHER program offers intellectually stimulating learning experiences that are robust, interactive, balanced, and designed for seekers of knowledge who value their membership in a vibrant community of lifelong learners. The OSHER program aims to engage and provide enrichment to individuals ages 50 and up through courses, conversations, lectures and experiences on a wide range of subject matter
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide instruction in accordance with the established instructional agreement, curriculum outlines and class schedule provided by UCR Extension.
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies to the course.
• Work in conjunction with collaborative partners and subject matter experts in order to ensure that course information is current.
• Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and mandatory training programs by UCR’s established deadlines.
• Maintain timely and accurate academic records within the learning management system and submit timely and accurate documentation as outlined in the instructional agreement.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct.
Advanced experience and knowledge in subject matter delivered.
• Related work experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to provide instruction online and in-person.
• Experience teaching adult learners.
• Experience with curriculum development and course design.
• Ability to teach a wide range of courses.
• Commitment to diversity and the University’s mission.
To apply please visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/apply/JPF01327. This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis. Interview process includes a teaching demonstration. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence – In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
Application Deadline: September 17, 2020