Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students 2021: Applications are invited from qualified international students to apply for a scholarship position at Utrecht University, Netherlands. The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for international students is to be awarded to students who are willing to take up Postgraduate studies at the university having obtained a bachelor’s degree in any recognized university world-wide.
The scholarship in Netherlands award is for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years depending on the course programme of study. The scholarship can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Utrecht University
Scholarships to be taken at: Netherlands
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Slots: 20 – 25
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses
Subject Eligibility: Postgraduate courses available at Utrecht University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2021 | ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students 2021,
- Applicants must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This should be in the form of a statement signed and stamped by your university, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate or any other document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Applicants must have completed a secondary school and a bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands
- Applicant must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants have applied for an international master’s programme starting from 1st September, 2020.
- Applicants are to visit the official webpage to ensure that their course of study qualifies for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Applicants will be selected based on academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- Applicants will also be selected based on the quality of their academic results preceding the study as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s programme will also be used as a criteria for selection.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme (completeness, accuracy, consistency) will also be used.
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
How-to-Apply: Eligible applicants for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students 2021 are to:
- Submit an application for a Master’s programmes to avoid their UES application from being deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, applicants can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which will be evidenced by an official document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class. Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021 (23:59 CET)