Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students, 2020: Applications are invited from qualified international students to apply for a scholarship position at Utrecht University, Netherlands. The Scholarship is to be awarded to students who are willing to take up Postgraduate studies at the university having obtained a bachelor’s degree in any recognized university world-wide. The duration of the scholarship award is for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years depending on the course programme of study. The scholarship can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Utrecht University
Scholarships to be taken at: Netherlands
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses
Subject Eligibility: Postgraduate courses available at Utrecht University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for International students with great academic potential.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This should be in the form of a statement signed and stamped by your university, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate or any other document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Applicants must have completed a secondary school and a bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands
- Applicant must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants have applied for an international master’s programme starting from 1st September, 2020.
- Applicants are to visit the official webpage to ensure that their course of study qualifies for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Applicants will be selected based on academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- Applicants will also be selected based on the quality of their academic results preceding the study as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s programme will also be used as a criteria for selection.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme (completeness, accuracy, consistency) will also be used.
- Success Scholarship for International Student to Study in Turkey, 2020
- University of Glasgow PGT Excellence Scholarship Award, 2020
Application Procedures for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students, 2020
Applicants after submission of an application for the Master’s programme will have the opportunity of submitting an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship starting from November 1, 2019.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; applicants are to submit an application to avoid their UES application from being deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, applicants can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Applicants are to log in with their Osiris username and password.
- Applicants are to navigate to the ‘New application’ option.
- Applicants are to answer the UES questions and upload the required document(s).
- Applicants can then submit their application
Applicants will have to upload the following documents:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which will be evidenced by an official document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class. Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020 (23:59 CET)