Applications are now being received from eligible candidates and the general public wishing to apply for the 2022 edition of the USAID Digital Development Awards.
USAID is working toward a future where digital technology promotes inclusive growth, fosters resilient and democratic societies, and empowers everyone, including the most vulnerable and marginalized. In an effort to recognize USAID Missions, Bureaus, and implementing partners that are helping countries and communities work toward sustainable growth and resilience, USAID is pleased to announce the 2022 Digital Development Awards (the Digis).
USAID Digital Development Awards 2022 | Who can Apply?
- The Digis will be awarded to USAID-funded projects and activities that have (1) directly deployed a digital technology or suite of technologies or (2) provided support to digital ecosystem actors to extend digital technology access and/or uptake. Digital ecosystem actors include technology providers, financial service providers, government agencies, civil society organizations, or other entities that are either deploying digital technology solutions or developing policies/regulations that enable increased access and uptake.
- All USAID staff and implementing partners working on a USAID-funded project are encouraged to apply, regardless of the size, region, or portfolio of the activity. Implementing partners should consult with the appropriate USAID point of contact before submitting an application.
- USAID-funded partners from the private sector, as well as those who are considered to be “new partners,” “non-traditional partners,” or “local partners” (see definitions for these partners at the official site) are strongly encouraged to submit applications.
Winners will receive Agency-wide recognition and public visibility for their ground-breaking work. This could include the following:
- Time with a local photographer/interviewer who will work with you to capture the story of your project through visual and written communications materials
- A profile in a Digital Development Awards booklet
- A feature story on the USAID Exposure or Medium platform
- Social media coverage
- A physical trophy and Certificate of Appreciation (to be presented at a virtual awards ceremony attended by leaders from the digital development community)
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates for the USAID Digital Development Awards 2022 should click here to apply online. Before starting your application, please review the required questions available on the program’s official site.
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022.