Are you an undergraduate or graduate student from the MENA region seeking an educational experience in the United States of America? Then take advantage of this great offer and apply for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024.
The Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a yearlong program where students will have the opportunity to meet their American peers, engage in community activities, and meet civil society organizations.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI)
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): U.S. institutions
- Scholarship Worth: Varies
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Nationality: MENA countries
US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Students from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
- Applicants must hold citizenship from the aforementioned countries as well as reside in their home countries, with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Applicants cannot be a third-country national of the nominating country with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Applicants must be committed to returning to or remaining in their home country/community following completion of the program.
- Applicants must be currently attending an undergraduate or graduate university program in their home countries.
- Applicants may also have recently graduated from an undergraduate program within 6 months or less from the program state date.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and civic engagement in their communities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to addressing climate change and environmental issues in their communities.
- 2024-2025 Student Leaders are required to have a climate change/environmental protection Civic Engagement Project (CEP).
- Applicants should have high English-language proficiency skills to participate in U.S. university academic classes in English.
- Applicants must have ability to fully participate in the Student Leaders Program, particularly the intensive summer program that will tentatively take place from late June 2024 to the end of July 2024.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline. Applicants are to ensure that they provide accurate information and all the necessary documents while filling out the application form.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2023 at 23:59 GMT.