University Research Scholarships at ANU (Fully funded): Australian National University (ANU) is pleased to offer International Research Scholarship for eligible and committed international students. This scholarship is available for postgraduate students who wish to enroll in a research program at the University in Australia for 2020/2021 academic session.
Every academic year the Australian National University offers the University Research Scholarship to support high achieving HDR students who are conducting research which correspond with the strategic directions of the University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian National University, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: Australian National University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded scholarship with a stipend of $28,092
Subject Eligibility: Courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Postgraduate Scholarships at University Research Scholarships at ANU 2020
- Applicants must be domestic or an international student
- Has achieved a minimum of H1 or H1 equivalent in their prior studies.
- Good academic Record.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Australian National University, Australia
- Research Potential, support from the prospective supervisor and location in which the research will be undertaken.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Australian National University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for the University Research Scholarships at ANU 2020
No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered based upon their application for admission.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers, International students are required to apply for admission by either 15 April in the year of commencing their HDR Program or 31 August in the year prior to commencing their HDR Program. Domestic students are required to apply for admission by either 15 April in the year of commencing their HDR Program or 31 October in the year prior to commencing their HDR Program. Applications must be complete at the time of submission, including all supporting documentation and referee reports, in order to be considered in the scholarship ranking process.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
The Australian National University will offer award of $28,092 per annum for domestic and international students. In addition to the fortnightly stipend, the Award also provides:
Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program, Thesis allowance, Dependant Child allowance (International students only), Paid medical, maternity, and parental leave.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020