Applications are currently invited for University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship in Computer Science at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The position is vacant for appointment as soon as possible.
This is a trainee position that will give promising researchers an opportunity for academic development through a PhD education leading to a doctoral degree. The appointment is for three years with research duties exclusively, or four years with both research and 25% compulsory duties.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of Stavanger, Norway
Host Institution(s): University of Stavanger, Norway
Fellowship Worth: NOK 491 200 gross per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship
The hired candidate will be admitted to the PhD program in Science and Technology. The education includes relevant courses to about six months of study, a dissertation based on independent research, participation in national and international research environments, relevant academic communication, a trial lecture and public defence.
The KATS project is about increasing the industry’s capacity for research-based innovation to improve the safety of road tunnels domestically and internationally. The goal is to raise the multidisciplinary research, collaboration and competence capacity amongst companies, enterprises, authorities and the research environment.
To be eligible for University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship in Computer Science, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants with one year of completed university studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- Applicants with a completed bachelor’s and / or master’s degrees taught in English in EU/EEA country.
- Applicants with a strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, ICT, telecom, C-ITS, transportation), preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
- Motivation and potential for research within the field
- Professional and personal skills for completing the doctoral degree within the timeframe
- Ability to work independently and in a team, be innovative and creative
- Ability to work structured and handle a heavy workload
- Having a good command of both oral and written English
How-to-Apply: To apply for this position please follow the link “Apply for this job”. Your application letter, relevant education and work experience as well as language skills must be registered here.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the project and the relevance of your background and experience to the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- CV with a full summary of your education and experience
- References, academic certificates/diplomas and other documentation that you consider relevant
- Diploma Supplement or similar and a confirmed conversion scale if this is required
- Documentation on competence in English if this is required
- Publications or other relevant research work
Applications are evaluated based on the information available in Jobbnorge at the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above and that you have attached the necessary documentation.
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload.
Application Deadline: Not Specified