University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarships 2022/23: The University of Saskatchewan is pleased to offer the International Graduate Scholarship to international students wishing to commence a Masters and Doctoral degree program at the University.
This scholarship is highly competitive and available to international students with excellent in academic performance. The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Type: Educational Fund
Host Institution(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Worth: PhD: $20,000, Master’s Thesis: $16,000
Number of Awards: Varies
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International students
ELIGIBILTY | University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarships
All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) recipients must be full-time, fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program. Students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program to apply for or hold a UGS. Applicants must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship;
- Students admitted into a full-time masters or PhD degree program.
- The student must be registered or continuing in a graduate degree program or have been recommended for admission to a graduate degree program in the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
- The student must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a prospective student. When determining eligibility, only whole terms (not partial terms) are used to obtain a minimum of 60 credit units on which to compute the student’s GPA. Courses with grades of Pass, Credit, etc. are not included when computing the student’s GPA (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- Master’s students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of two years of university graduate scholarship in the first three years of their graduate program. Master’s students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 36th month of their graduate program.
- PhD students are eligible to hold up to a maximum of three years of university graduate scholarship funding in the first four years of their program. PhD students cannot hold a UGS beyond the 48th month of their graduate program.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Saskatchewan’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- Eligible Courses: University of Saskatchewan offer Graduate Scholarships to students in the following departments/units:
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
How-to-Apply: A complete student application contains the following items:
- The completed General Awards Application located online at https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/UGS.
- Photocopies of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. We will obtain the student’s University of Saskatchewan records.
- Two letters of reference, which must be sent confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.( see instructions on writing the reference letters at the official page).
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022