University of Queensland International Scholarship in Engineering and Computing: University of Queensland – Australia is seeking for full-time, highly motivated domestic or international PhD students with excellent academic achievement to perform high-quality research in the field of rock testing and fracture mechanics. This is to investigate the fracture growth in geomaterials under combined dynamic/cyclic/biaxial stresses by adopting digital image correlation (3D DIC) and high-speed photography techniques.
The successful candidate will be working under the supervision of Dr Mehdi Serati and Professor David Williams the Geotechnical Engineering Centre (GEC) within the School of Civil Engineering. The candidate will join a multidisciplinary team in partnership with industry partners. The scholarship duration will be three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland – Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland – Australia
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092 per annum and living stipend
Subject Eligibility: Engineering and Computing
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Queensland International Scholarship in Engineering and Computing;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD research program in the research in the field of rock testing and fracture mechanics.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Queensland – Australia
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for University of Queensland International Scholarship in Engineering and Computing
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow the link on the upper right of this page. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
Check your eligibility
Prepare your documentation
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study sections you:
Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘GEOSTRUCTURES’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field. See an example of what you have to do
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020